CEPT Research and Development Foundation along with partners from University of Leeds, UK, Brunel University, UK, and GERMI has undertaken a research project on developing an electrification strategy and action plan for PT and IPT services. The project is supported by the Green Recovery Challenge Fund under the UK PACT (Partnering for Accelerated Climate Transitions) programme. The aim of the workshop is to draw lessons from the international experience of electrification of public transport and facilitate the discussion on Ahmedabad’s strategy for electrification in the medium and long term.
Date: 24th June 2021
Time and Duration: 5:00 to 7:00 PM IST
Session 1: Opening Session (30 Minutes)
Chair- Mr. Mukesh Kumar IAS, Municipal Commissioner, AMC
1. Welcome and project overview by CoE-UT, CEPT Research and Development Foundation
2. Keynote Address by Mr. Peter Cook, British Deputy High Commissioner, Gujarat and Rajasthan
3. Inaugural Address by Mr. Mukesh Kumar IAS, Municipal Commissioner, AMC
4. Vote of Thanks by Mr. Vishal Khanama, General Manager, AJL
Session 2: International Experiences in Electrification of Public Transport (50 mins)
Moderator: Dr. Shalini Sinha
1. Setting the context by CoE-UT, CEPT Research and Development Foundation.
2. Electrification strategy of London by Mr. Shashi Verma, Director of Strategy and Chief Technology Officer, TfL, London.
3. Electrification strategy of Bogota by Ms. María F. Ortiz, Transport and E-mobility consultant, Bogota.
4. Electric bus technology trajectory in India by Mr. Karthick Athmanathan, Professor, IIT Madras.
Session 3: Developing Future Scenarios for Ahmedabad PT Electrification (40 mins) Chair: Mr. Mukesh Kumar IAS, Municipal Commissioner, AMC
Moderator: Prof. H M Shivanand Swamy
1. Future Scenarios – Ahmedabad Public Transport Electrification by AJL /AMTS /CoE-UT
2. Comments/ Discussions- Mr. Shashi Verma, TfL, Ms. María F. Ortiz (Bogota), Mr. Karthick Athmanathan, Professor, IIT Madras, and other relevant stakeholders.
3. Closing remarks by Mr. Mukesh Kumar IAS, Municipal Commissioner, AMC
Copyright © 2021 Esap-india - All Rights Reserved.